[access-uk] Re: My research on the PANASONIC TXL37E5B with accessability

  • From: Yusuf <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:25:57 +0000

Andy, What the guy told you about recording via the USB port is untrue. When I tested the Panisonic TV models at RNIB last year this was one of the things I was able to do.

You might want to go back and get him to physically connect up a USB drive. You could also ring Panisonic directly.
Yusuf

On 28/10/2012 16:57, ANDY COLLINS wrote:
Hi all -
Following Pete Gurney's suggestion, I got some help today from a
Panasonic rep in my local John Lewis store.
The above TV is great for accessibility, but I'm stumped when it comes
to recording programmes, because it still requires as I understand it,
an external DVD recorder for this purpose.
The TV itself gives spoken programme info for the EPG, and allows for a
single click to select a programme for recording, but unfortunately it
has no internal PVR, and can not record via it's USB connections to an
external drive, so as I understand it, it requires an external DVD
recorder, making the built-in spoken menu for recording redundant, as
one will have to use the built-in tuner on an external DVDr to set up
the timer for recording programmes.
Maybe somebody knows of a way around this I haven't thought of? -
Andy