[access-uk] My research on the PANASONIC TXL37E5B with accessability

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:57:05 -0000

Hi all -

Following Pete Gurney's suggestion, I got some help today from a Panasonic rep
in my local John Lewis store.

The above TV is great for accessibility, but I'm stumped when it comes to
recording programmes, because it still requires as I understand it, an external
DVD recorder for this purpose.

The TV itself gives spoken programme info for the EPG, and allows for a single
click to select a programme for recording, but unfortunately it has no internal
PVR, and can not record via it's USB connections to an external drive, so as I
understand it, it requires an external DVD recorder, making the built-in spoken
menu for recording redundant, as one will have to use the built-in tuner on an
external DVDr to set up the timer for recording programmes.

Maybe somebody knows of a way around this I haven't thought of? -

Andy