[access-uk] Re: My experiences with the Mac

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:39:17 +0100

Hi,

Speech does come with the system preinstalled - no extra purchase
necessary.  I would though recommend you to buy the Apple keyboard and
mouse with this product, because if you use another keyboard and mouse
there may be some issues - I have had an issue when trying a different
mouse for example, and so am glad I decided to buy the keyboard/mouse
kit.

The unit is the size (around) of a Victor Daisy player.  It is very
quiet in operation.

I have managed to crash it when trying to get onto our main file server
Elrond.  I am not sure (and still not sure), what went wrong, and had to
use (IIRC) command + option + escape to get a task manager window up.

I may try reinstalling OSX with less options, as they give you a lot of
preinstalled applications with the unit, like games, Quicken etc, and
Office demos, which I don't need.

Thanks.A
Ndrew.