[access-uk] Re: My experiences with the Mac

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:02:32 +0100

I would really like to echo, no, quote Andrew's words:

The main thing is that you need to treat the machine as a completely different
type of system - i.e, its not a PC.  Don't think of it like a PC.

The basis of the Mac IS different, even though Windows pretty well imitates
some of the Mac's traditional 'look and feel'  One thing that's going to be
needed is good tutorials which treat the Mac in its own right, not trying to
draw mis-leading parallels with Windows.

Given your background and knowledge Andrew, it may not be too long before you
investigate Apple Script, which may just have some potential to customise
things a little more to your liking.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx