[access-uk] Re: My experiences with the Mac

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:51:59 +0100

Justin, my understanding of the screen magnification builtin to OS X is that it
is quite good, and I've heard its very clear in higher magnification.  I don't
know how flexible it is, but I hope that Andrewwill get around to giving it a
try as I seem to recall he has some useful sight.  Might be interesting too how
effectively it works alongside SpeakOver.

Given my disatisfaction with the on-going exspense of upgrading Zoomtext in the
UK, its just one more reason why I might consider that, £400-500 spent on a Mac
might satisfy my needs in the DTP area more cost effectively than on the PC.
Sure, there is certainly a steep learning curve to start with, but I am
interested in info coming this way about the Mac in order to help assertain the
viability of the Mac as an alternative to a cost-conscious user like me.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx