[access-uk] My WiFi Experience Regarding Drop-out

  • From: Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:09:51 +0000

Hi Jim and all,

Coming to your WiFi issues only now but my recent experience with mobile WiFi for exxample is to turn the router fully off when not in use.

I thought that when I turned off my laptop and heard the tones from the router that it was turned off but a friend informed me that it was only on standby.

Fingers crossed and touch wood, since I started to turn off my router fully my drop-out problem has lessened considerably.

My twopence worth!

Best,

Tony Sweeney
On 02/03/2015 09:39, Jim Williams wrote:
George, Aman, Adrian P Et Al,
Since I last reported on this problem I have tried out all suggestions, apart from buying more kit as I have other financial considerations. The RNIB computer volunteer called last Monday and she set up the WIFI extender without using a connecting cable and, at first, there was a marked reduction in drop outs. But after a couple of days they reappeared at irregular times, so I attached a cable between the radio and extender and once again things improved. Then the Sonata BBC stations were changed by BWFB to their new HL stream and I've only had one small drop out since. So thanks to all for your support and advice the problem seems to have been resolved.
Jim Williams