[access-uk] Moving over to Eudora from Outlook Express

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:04:59 +0100

I have been trying out Eudora and quite like it.  (Pegasus didn't seem worth
the trouble of investigating further for those who recall my earlier message
about it.)

I have installed Eudora in sponsored mode, and the only trouble there is that
you don't get support from Eudora;  only in the paid mode, seemingly.  Hence my
question to this list.

Eudora is working fine for downloading and sending mesages.  The problem comes
when I import my voluminous mailboxes from Outllook Distress.  Eudora simply
doesn't seem to import all the messages.  There's no indication in the import
process that Eudora has encountered corrupt mailbox messages.  Its simply that
they are not all there.  Wonder if anyone knows the solution to this?

I should say the Eudora documentation mentions Outlook Express 5.x and no
mention of 6, so could this be the problem?  Also, although I do not see it
mentioned, there may be a limit to the size of mailboxes Eudora can import.  I
have searched the web pretty exhaustively and cannot come up with an answer, so
hope someone here might have a clue.

Thanks.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at