[access-uk] Re: Moving JFW To Another PC

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:08:50 +0100

Hi

You can't "move" JAWS, you have to install it and activate it on the new
machine, just as you did on your current one.  If you aren't sure how many
activations you have left, take a look at www.fsactivate.com, type in your
serial number and this should give you all the info.  With regard to the new
version, you don't have to pay to update from JAWS 7.0 to JAWS 7.1, so as long
as you are authorised to run version 7 you should be fine.  You might even want
to download the installer for Version 7.1 and just install that on the new
machine.  This update isn't available as a CD because it's between major
versions, you have to download it.

hth

James