[access-uk] Motherboard Gone on laptop

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:56:24 +0100

I am asking this question for my niece.  I bought her a Sony vio laptop when
she started her course in 2005.  Now she tells me that the laptop will not even
power on and that the Motherboard (according to PC World) needs replacing and
that will cost over 400 Euros.  I am wondering is it worth repairing.  I did
pay over a thousand pounds sterling for it, I think 12 hundred pounds.  She
says the computer will not even turn on and is very worried as she has not
backed-up all her data and we are wondering is there any way she can recovery
her data at least.

Eleanor