[access-uk] Re: More Sight Village and In touch

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:36:51 +0100

and yet we have programs like In our Time which perhaps assume more
hystorical knowledge of the area being discussed.

Radio 4 does seem happy to offer programs of people with great knowledge
talking about history, pholosophy etc. but it seems to shy away from science
and technical programs as being difficult for most of the audience to
swallow.  I can see that trying to deal with the needs of all blind people
on in touch is tricky but probably I would just combine the show with you
and yours like some here have suggested.

Cheers

Graham
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of George Bell

Hi Ray,

An interesting choice of words, "relevant to death-blind".
(Smile)

Speaking as a dealer, I am encouraged by how many elderly people are
actually venturing into the hi-tech world.  For many, it may be basic to
you and me, but even a digital recorder counts.

But picture your own self now.  Will you hang up your keyboard when you
collect your first pension book?

George.

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf

The facts and statistics are all available in an HMSO Publication.

George.