[access-uk] Re: More Sight Village

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:47:22 +0100

Hi Graham,

I'm awaiting a review unit and hoping to do something on the wireless
about it and other PDA solutions in the future and at less of the
breakneck speed that any Sight Village coverage would require.  But in
short it seems that it's possible to enter data such as notes, contacts
info and calendar entries either as askii Braille text (note, not grade
2) or via voice recording.  If the entries are made via Braille input,
they're read back to you letter by letter in synthesised speech rather
than as words.  If they're entered via voice recording, then it's your
own dulcits which speak back to you.