[access-uk] Re: More Nokia C5 Woes

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:43:44 +0200 (CEST)

Last time I had to have a mobile phone for work was about 10 years ago. I
decided that as every mobile phone was essentially useless to me, I'd go for
the cheapest Nokia I could find, now commonly referred to as a brick. None of
the phones on offer made any concessions to accessibility until Talks came
along, and that, if I remember rightly, cost an arm and a leg. All I could do
with that brick was to make and receive calls. Compared with that nightmare,
we're spoiled for choice. Even the Alto2 would have made a huge difference back
then. At least I could have handled texts as well!

Contrast all that with the range of options we've now got, and it's a different
world, for sure.

Vince