[access-uk] Re: Moodle

  • From: Dave Sheridan <dsheridan65@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 12:30:28 +0000

Hi Jackie

It was used at Queen Alexandra College some years ago and I presume it still
is. I was shown how to use it using speech software at the time but chose not
to use it. My memory tells me that none of our students using speech software
used it but our partially sighted students did. I hope this is accurate as it
doesn't sound too good from an equality point of view.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Nov 2015, at 12:11, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a friend who has contacted me to ask if this platform is accessible.
He wants to use it for all his courses so that students can download
tutorials and coursework from it rather than receive Emails with
attachments. Cleland is very anxious to ensure everything he does is DDA
compliant, but I have never used it before, and wonder if any of you have,
and could thus point out any accessibility issues?

Thanks for any input. Please feel free to drop me a note off list if you
prefer.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx