[access-uk] Re: Mohamed's Complaint - access-uk - FreeLists

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:13:38 -0000

Mohamed,

I do feel that you are going a little OTT with this. Yes, I accept the fact
that I recommended the programme as a possible solution to recover your lost
files and perhaps it is in some part my fault, but it worked for me and I
have no problems with the software as a recovery tool and a bonus is that it
is accessible with a screen reader. The fact that you are claiming the
company is not acting properly by citing them as you do might have
repercussions for you. As far as I know this list is not 'private' and if
the company has an alert set up to track any internet traffic citing its
products then you have just let them know what you think and, worst case
scenario is libel. If you have the email you sent them asking if the
software was suitable for a phone card (memory card) and you have their
reply saying that it was, then you might have a case in law. However, if you
are merely suggesting that the company suggested that the software was
suitable, then, with no evidence, you will get nowhere, not even with
PayPal. I understand why you feel aggrieved, but libellous comments will not
help your case. The fact that the company feels the need to require payment
before downloading is probably to prevent piracy or hackers creating a key
generator to access their product, not that they are somehow underhanded. As
I said in an earlier message, I am sorry that the software didn't work for
you, but £16 isn't expensive and no doubt you will need such a programme in
the future at some point - all of us do from time-to-time.

Having said what I have above, I do wish you luck in obtaining a refund, but
dialogue with the company is always the best means of resolving an issue,
not posting unsubstantiated comments.

John.