[access-uk] Mobile phone network cards

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:41:58 +0100

Hi Gang

Apologies if this is not the correct name for what I'm looking for in the
subject of this post, but here goes.

I want to get a card that plugs into my laptop so that I can send and receive
Emails or browse the Internet on the move.  Actually, on the move is just what
I won't be (smile.)  I'm hoping to be able to use my laptop at some point when
I go into hospital soon for more back surgery.  I'm on the Vodafone network,
and I know there is such a card that plugs into a laptop.  Has anyone used one
and, if so, how have you got on with it?

Thanks for any info anyone has about these and whether they are more trouble
than they are worth, or even worth buying.  I do have my phone set up to send
and receive Email, but I don't know if I will be allowed to use it, and
wondered if a card for my laptop might be another option.

Jackie