[access-uk] Re: Mini desktops

  • From: "Ron Sears" <r.sears1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:16:33 -0000

Thanks for your reply

Ron
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:06 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mini desktops

Hi Ron.

SSD or Solid State Disk is a non mechanical memory based hard drive, rather
like Flash storage, memory cards etc.  The access read and write speeds on
these drives are typically considerably faster than standard platter based
hard drives which are mechanical in nature, however mechanical hard drives
offer considerably more storage capacity at a much lower cost per MB than
SSD storage.

All the best, Ibrahim.