[access-uk] Re: Microsoft says goodbye to support for Windows XP and Office 2003 in April

  • From: Saqib Hussain <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:10:06 +0100

Hi. The reason I asked is because I bought my daughter a laptop and I couldn't
find it. Does anyone know how I can get to the one drive as I have activated a
license of Office 365 on the machine as I had 4 spare licenses going. I was
looking for the equivalant of my computer but I couldn't get it to bring up the
drive in a search.

> [...]
>>> support ends April 8th, 2014.
>>>
>>> Will Microsoft Security Essentials be supported after April 8, 2014?
>>> Microsoft Security Essentials will not be available for download on Windows
>>> XP after April 8, 2014. If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials
>>> installed, you will continue to receive anti-malware signature updates
>>> through July 14, 2015. However, please note that PCs running Windows XP
>>> after April 8, 2014 should not be considered protected.
>>>
>>> Will Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool be supported after April 8,
>>> 2014?
>>> Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool is aligned with the company's
>>> anti-malware engines and signatures, and as such the removal tool will
>>> continue to be provided for Windows XP through July 14, 2015. However, any
>>> PC running Windows XP after April 8, 2014 should not be considered protected
>>> as there will be no security updates for the Windows XP operating system.
>>>
>>> Will System Center, Windows Intune, and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit still
>>> support Windows XP?
>>> While customers may continue to use System Center, Windows Intune, and the
>>> Microsoft Deployment Toolkit to manage and deploy Windows XP past April 8,
>>> 2014, those products will no longer support Windows XP, and any technical
>>> issues which may arise will not be addressed.
>>>
>>> What about Windows XP Embedded?
>>> See the Windows Embedded product lifecycle page and Microsoft Support for
>>> more information on Windows XP Embedded lifecycles.
>>>
>>> Will existing updates still be available via Windows Update after April 8,
>>> 2014?
>>> Yes, all existing Windows XP updates and fixes will still be available via
>>> Windows Update and WSUS.
>>>
>>> Will Internet Explorer 8 still be supported on Windows XP?
>>> As a component of Windows, Internet Explorer follows the support lifecycle
>>> of the Windows operating system on which it is installed on. More
>>> information is available at Microsoft Support.
>>>
>>> Which machines will receive the Windows XP End of Support notification?
>>> The notification will be sent to users of Windows XP Home and Windows XP
>>> Professional who have elected to receive updates via Windows Update. Users
>>> in organizations using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), System Center
>>> Configuration Manager, or Windows Intune will not receive the Windows XP end
>>> of support notification.
>>> Additional resources
>>>
>>> Jumpstart your Windows XP migration with Microsoft Services
>>> Learn more about Windows 8.1 deployment
>>> Visit the Springboard series on TechNet for additional technical guidance
>>> Learn about the Microsoft device buyback program
>>> Download the free Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
>>> Learn more about Windows 7 deployment
>>> Ask a question: Windows XP IT Pro forum
>>> How much could you save with Office 365?Visit our friends
>>>

>>> OfficeSurfaceSkypeWindows PhonesBingMicrosoft StoreProductsWindows 8.1
>>> Students