[access-uk] Re: Microsoft Office 2013 with JAWS

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:26:23 -0000

Hi Jackie.

Microsoft want everyone to take out subscriptions, that way they can ensure a continued income stream hence why the perpetual licensed IE the non subscription versions cost so much more and have tighter restrictions on installations attached. Your Office 365 subscription will give you installations of Office for PC or Mac on up to 5 computers and 5 mobile devices. The installation is very straight forward, most of the buttons are labelled however I did have to use the OCR feature in JAWS sometimes to navigate a couple of the screens. They make you watch an intro video when you're installing it but other than that, the installation takes place in the background and you're thrown back to the desktop once you've made all the necessary installation choices. Good luck and let us know how you get on OK?

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Brown
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:10 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Microsoft Office 2013 with JAWS

Hi Ibrahim

I thought it was you who had 365, thanks very much for the feedback.  Is it
straightforward to download and install?  Given that a single user copy
costs quite a lot, I think we are going to go for the 365 version.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate