[access-uk] Re: Microsoft Office 2013 with JAWS

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:03:14 -0000

Hi Jackie.

You should remove an older copy of Office to avoid system conflict issues, I believe the Office 2013 installer for Office 365 will perform a preliminary check of your system and advise you to remove older copies of Office before allowing the installation to go ahead. It can upgrade an Office 2010 installation as the file formats used are the same, but Office 2003 I'm not sure about, especially with setting from applications like Outlook. I haven't experienced any issues using JAWS with Office 365 and I'm using the latest build of version 15.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Brown
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:09 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; 'BCAB Discussion List'
Subject: [access-uk] Microsoft Office 2013 with JAWS

Apologies for cross-posting, but I would be grateful for your opinions on
which version of Microsoft Office 2013 works best with JAWS 15?  We have
been looking at various MS packages, and are thinking of Microsoft Office
365.  Could anyone using this identify any problem areas to watch out for?
Is it possible to run the latest version of MS Office with the 2003 version,
or does this have to be completely removed before the new copy is installed?
I am not particularly looking forward to this journey, but I guess needs
must.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace