[access-uk] Re: Microsoft Messenger, Skype, Ivocalize and Window Eyes

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 13:12:14 +0100

Hi Donna,

I don't understand why you can't access the help.  If I press Alt-H, I get
help, then press enter, and it takes me to the Skype Online user guide.  But
you must have an internet connection available for help to work.

As for usage, again, there is not a problem, provided you are comfortable
using the mouse.  At the top of the screen, you have I think, three tabs,
calls, start and contacts.  If you click on the contacts tab, you will get a
list of your contacts, with the ones online being at the top.  Again, if you
want to search for a contact, press Alt-T for tools, then S for Search for a
contact.  You can now type in a Skype name, or you can tab over to advanced
search, hit space bar on it, and then search using all kinds of criteria,
including searching for contacts with a specific date of birth.  Provided
they have filled in their profile, Skype will find them.

I hope this goes some way to helping you.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk