[access-uk] Re: Microsoft Account Problem.

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:55:13 +0200 (CEST)

Billy, you would be best following Martin's advice and phoning Microsoft, IMHO.
One way of getting one of their special pass codes to open your account is to
phone them anyway. It's annoying, but I'm quite sure they'll fix it for you.

The only other solution that occurs to me is to return the laptop to the
retailer and tell them why it's not usable. Even a computer has to be fit for
purpose under consumer law! The retailer would probably have to phone Microsoft.

Vince.

Message Received: Apr 01 2014, 11:55 AM
From: "Broxi72"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Microsoft Account Problem.

Hi guys, I have purchased new Toshiba laptop system.
Whilst starting the system for the first time. We were asked to set up a
Microsoft Account. As I already had such an account, I choose to use this
account.
When I logged in yesterday. I was asked for a password. I typed in the password
I am using on my other Microsoft accounts. The pass I typed would not work.
I am now unable to access the new laptop.
I cannot get past this annoying Microsoft account screen.
Can anyone suggest a way round this problem please?, Billy