[access-uk] Messenger programmes.

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:10:29 -0000

Hi all,

Hopefully a simple one to answer, but I've got a dose of brain death!

MSN & XP's Windows messenger, AOL or Yahoo Messenger. Can you
communicate with people via text exchanges across the different
messenger programmes or can you only do this MSN to MSN, or Yahoo to
Yahoo for example?

For George and Tris's benefit, I got a call from a software techie at
Yahoo in the US, from NCAM, whatever that stands for, he had JFW 6 on
his machine, and we have gone through some paces with the BT Yahoo
features with a new and improved browser software pack, soon to be
released, and it all worked a treat. So, on that old thread, it looks
very promising that BT Yahoo now look like they have tackled
accessibility issues with Jaws at least.

So, back to my original question, if I decide that I want to go and try
BT Communicator & Yahoo Messenger, and it's now screen reader user
friendly, does that mean my list of contacts on Windows Messenger would
be lost to me? Hmm, maybe a good thing on their part I hear ya say!

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Switchboard.
Edinburgh College of Art.