[access-uk] Messenger problem query.

  • From: "jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:29:17 -0000

Hi Listers,

Every now and again I get a messenger dialog box appearing on the screen.
The box can display introductions from people or advertisements and even a
warning that my system may be infected with a virus and go to a certain web
site for more info.  These box's  are annoying because everything stops
until you have OK'ed the message box.  I don't use messenger of any
description and I have sygate pro on my computer So  how is the messenger
box getting through, assuming they are coming in off the net as it only
happens when I'm logged onto the net.  Anyone any idea on how to stop this
happening?  Your input will be gratefully received.

Running jaws 5.0.844 with XP home.
Thanks in advance.
Jim.

** Are you going on holiday and want to halt messages?
** Send a message to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type the word vacation
** followed by a space, then the number of days you
** wish to stop receiving messages for, followed by another
** space and the letter d for days.
** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
** unsubscribe
** to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message, to
** faq
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.