[access-uk] Re: Messages in HTML Format

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:26:05 +0100

Hi Andy,

To change it to read the whole message, if you want to, instead of 24 lines,
do the following:-

1.  Go into Outlook or Outlook Express, or whatever Email program you are
using.

2.  Press Insert-V for Verbosity.  Note, there is no need to enter the
Window-Eyes control panel for the verbosity options.

3.  Arrow down to Browse Mode.

4.  Tab once to Elements.

5.  Press N for New Page.

6.  Now tab several times, until you hear "Read first 24 lines, radio button
checked".  At this point, arrow down once to "Read Entire Page Radio Button
Checked".  Now tab to OK and press Enter.

7.  Finally, save the set file, Alt-F, S for Save, S for Set file, and
you're done.

Now, whenever you open a message, the entire message will be read.

Personally, I prefer HTML messages, because you can use web style navigation
to get round messages.  For example, if they have a lot of links at the top,
you can press D for Different Control, and you will zip straight past all
those links, and straight to the text.

I hope this helps.

All the best
--