[access-uk] Media Player Classic issue

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:24:10 -0000

Hi everyone,

After updating MPC on my system to the latest version 6.5.0 I am having issues
with MP3 files in particular. This latest build of MPC plays MP3 files alright,
but, if I try to fast forward or rewind through an MP3 file, the track jumps
back to the beginning. The issue happens with MP3 files only. OGG files and
other video file formats still playing fine for example. I converted a couple
of the MP3 files I am having issues with to OGG formats to test them but they
played OK after being converted so it is not a matter of corrupted files.

I tried fast forwarding and rewinding with Jaws loaded and unloaded but with
the same results so the issue does not appear to be a screen reader conflict
either.

I downgraded to build 5.9.0 and all is back to normal now but I am wandering if
anyone else is having similar issues? And better if someone can offer any help
on how to fix this problem? Obviously I quite like to keep K-Lite up to date.
Could they really have broken the MP3 codecs in the latest builds of K-Lite
pack? Seems very odd to me.

TIA,
Amro