[access-uk] Re: Media Center again

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:26:57 -0000

Andy, simply on the subject of reading the properties in My Computer.

If you can focus My Computer on the desktop you could simply press alt-enter to
bring the properties dialogue up.  The resulting dialogue, at least on my
machine, brings up the general tab under which is displayed the name of the
operating system and some other useful info.

With window-Eyes, press insert and the plus key on the keypad.  W-E should say
"pointer routed to tab control".  Again, with the insert key, but this time with
num keypad 6, just to the right of the middle key which usually has a dot on it,
press insert and 6 and W-E will start going through the various elements on the
tab.  the first one indicating 'System' and each press of the insert and 6 key
will take you down a line of this dialogue, revealing the info about the
operating system you have, and eventually the basic resources of your machine.
You can simply press escape to get out of system properties.

HTH.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx