[access-uk] Re: Me (and George Galloway) v.s. Amazon

  • From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:50:00 +0000

Goodness, how did you get him involved in the first place?
At 22:03 19/11/2014, you wrote:
Hello,
As some of you may know, I've been campaigning (a lot) in a one-man
crusade to get audio description added to video-on-demand services.
Well, today I received a phone call from the very helpful George
Galloway (whatever we may think about his political opinions) who I've
been talking to a lot about this, and he has managed to get me a phone
call with the chief operations officer of Amazon's instant video.
Having spoken to the American, I can now confirm that he has pledged,
and will be sending me this in writing (braille and print!) to
introduce audio description onto all of the video-on-demand services
that actually come out of the studio with audio description, estimated
at 25 % of all current titles.
-James