[access-uk] Re: Maxter 750GB external hard drive

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:14:38 -0000

Hi Jackie,

Is it mains powered, or USB powered?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

  _____

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jackie Cairns
Sent: Tuesday 12 February 2008 16:34
To: Access UK Mailing List
Subject: [access-uk] Maxter 750GB external hard drive

Hi All

Following Andy Logue's recent posts about a Maxter external hard drive he
bought, we decided to go to our nearest branch of Maplin in Edinburgh today.
We have been looking to increase the size on the drives we already have, and
since it has been an absolutely gorgeous day, thought we would take a trip
out.

We have indeed bought the Maxter 750GB, though they sold it to us at
£109.99, but I didn't argue over the few pounds more than Andy paid at his
Glasgow store.

Ian is currently copying our music collection over to the new drive, and it
seems quite nifty.  The only slightly annoying aspect of buying larger
drives is that you lose a lot of space due to the formatting.  For example,
on this drive, the free space available is 698.whatever on a total of 750GB.
That's just about 50GB lost.  I've noticed the larger the drives, the more
formatting space is used.

Anyhow, this certainly appears to be a good buy if anyone is thinking of
upgrading.  Thanks Andy very much for bringing that to our attention.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace