[access-uk] Re: Maxter 750 GB External Drive enquiry

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:10:39 -0000

Hi George.

It's a monster and will back-up, my back-up if yu like. Quite a good price also I thought. When it boots up I'm presented with all of the files, that I mentioned in an earlier mail. Last night I created a directory on it, using Windows Explorer and dropped 9000 albums in there within an hour or so and this morning I found that I could access them easily and quickly.Chris on this list has written off-list and kindly provided instructions for Formatting the drive to an NTFS. Do you feel that this is necessary? As I can put stuff onto the drive and get it off again easily. I suppose I need to watch out that I don't accidentally delete on of these files though. Chris's instructions are clear and look easy for me to follow. So what do you think George, should I re-format it?

Thanks.

Best wishes.

Andy Logue

To Contact me off list: