[access-uk] Re: Maxter 750 GB External Drive enquiry

  • From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:19:33 -0000

Andy:

I am not George - but ...

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

Is a good axiom!

David

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Andy Logue
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:11 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Maxter 750 GB External Drive enquiry

Hi George.

It's a monster and will back-up, my back-up if yu like.  Quite a good price
also I thought.  When it boots up I'm presented with all of the files, that
I mentioned in an earlier mail.  Last night I created a directory on it,
using Windows Explorer and dropped 9000 albums in there within an hour or so

and this morning I found that I could access them easily and quickly.Chris
on this list has written off-list and kindly provided instructions for
Formatting the drive to an NTFS.  Do you feel that this is necessary?  As I
can put stuff onto the drive and get it off again easily.  I suppose I need
to watch out that I don't accidentally delete on of these files though.
Chris's instructions are clear and look easy for me to follow.  So what do
you think George, should I re-format it?

Thanks.

Best wishes.

Andy Logue

To Contact me off list: