[access-uk] Re: Maverick

  • From: "Henry Miller" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 13:37:27 +0100

Hi David

I responded to your question yesterday but it appears it did not arrive at
the access list.

I too have just upgraded to Mavericks and I also have a hearing loss.  After
upgrading, I found that the default voice, which I think is a system voice,
was very low in volume and I had lost my preferred voice which is Alex.

I managed to reload Alec and then increased the volume.  The command I used
is:
Press VO plus the command key and then arrow left or right to select voice,
pitch volume etc.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Best wishes

Henry