[access-uk] Re: Margins in Word2000

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:21:26 +0100

Hi Andy,

Let me try to explain.

Let's suppose your newly created document is set up with
page margins of 1 inch all round.

You then open another document with the intention of copying
and pasting it into the new document.  However, this
document has margins of half and inch all round.  So you
copy and paste anyway.

Now you want to print, but your printer is not capable to
printing a page with half inch margins.  Indeed it is quite
common with many ink jet printers that they cannot print a
bottom margin of less than three quarters of an inch.

You will often find that of you go to File, and select Page
Setup, then margins, when you hit the OK button, even
without making any changes, Word will tell you the margins
are wrong, and offer to fix them for you.

George.