[access-uk] Map network drive

  • From: "Marie Baisez" <marie.baisez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:19:33 +0200

Now that our 2 networked pcs share the same operating system, xp home edition sp2, neither of us can access the other hardrives in their intirety.
All we are allowed to browse and have access to are share pictures and music folders.
I remember reading on this list that what needs to be done is to map network drives.
I've read the windows help file or at least, some of it as I could not activate some of the links provided but didn't understand much about how I should go about it.
Can anyone give instructions in simple steps please?
Our pcs run on a simple network using the connections provided by our motherboard, these are same brand and model on the 2 computers.
I'm not sure which one is the server if anyone is,, how do I find out?
Thanks in advance,

Cheers now,

Marie