[access-uk] Re: Making image file smaller?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:00:10 +0100

Hi Catherine,

Many programs which allow you to view photographs also
enable you to save them in alternative formats.  You will
probably find that JPEG or .jpg files are among the
smallest, and indeed frequently used a format for displaying
pictures in the Internet.

George.=20

Turner
> Sent: 27 October 2004 17:55
> To: Access-UK
> Subject: [access-uk] Making image file smaller?
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I've got some photos I've scanned, and I need to get the
file=20
> sizes smaller to send to the person who needs them.  Does=20
> anyone know how to do this?  I suppose smaller file size=20
> means poorer quality pictures, but how does one do that
once=20
> the photos are already scanned?
>=20
> When I scanned them in there were options for different=20
> qualities (and therefore different file sizes), but the
only=20
> programs I currently have to deal with them are Microsoft=20
> Photo Editor and Paint.  I don't know whether there's a
way=20
> in those programs to save as a smaller file.  I'd rather
not=20
> have to scan them again.
>=20
> Catherine
>=20
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to
>=20

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.