[access-uk] Re: Magnifier to use with macular degeneration

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:04:30 +0100

Hi barry, that would be a very expensive solution and possibly more
sophisticated than your person would want.  Optelec do some very good hand-held
video magnifiers, some of which can also fit on the page.  The Prodigy is more
like a scaled down tablet.  Would he consider looking at something like an iPad
with zooms or one of the Android solutions both of which would be much cheaper
and more versatile?
On 30 Jul 2014, at 17:52, Barry Hill wrote:

Hi all

I’ve been asked to source some equipment that will allow an elderly man to read
newspapers and books who has macular degeneration.  He doesn’t want talking
books/newspapers or speech, just magnification.  The good news is that money is
no problem.

I thought that Humanware’s Prodigi Duo 2 in 1 electronic magnifier might be
ideal, but I’m open to suggestions.

Cheers

Barry

[http://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png]<http://www.avast.com/>

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
Antivirus<http://www.avast.com/> protection is active.