[access-uk] MSN; Live Messenger; Web Messenger

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:29:50 +0100

Hi all -

I'm still trying to sign up to Live Messenger, but it seems there is
currently a problem with Microsoft for the sign up process on that webpage.

While I'm waiting for them to sort it, can anybody tell me more about the
Messenger programmes? I've never used instant messaging before, and am
confused by the different names, such as *Live Messenger* *MSN* and *SWeb
Messenger* and *.net*! All I want to be able to do, is to use an instant
messaging programme; can anybody help me make sense of it all? So far, I've
had to download and run FireFox, and it's add on for the dreaded sign up
capture, and now, when I try to sign up, I find MS is having it's own
difficulty in allowing new subscribers to join! I don't know about "instant
messaging" it'd be quicker to send a letter! -

Andy