[access-uk] Re: MS Word 2003 question.

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:59:18 +0100

I've used a couple of programs for stripping out unwanted characters in emails, and the one I'm trying now is Strip Mail at:

http://www.stripmail.net/

I'm not sure if it will do the stripping being talked about here, but thought people would like to know about it.

Cheers,
Ray.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] Re: MS Word 2003 question.

I do a lot of pasting from webpages into word and as time is not to important in my case, I go through the document deleting those line breaks, replacing them with a space.

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately these are caused by hard carriage returns at
the end of the OE lines.

You can do a Search & Replace in Word, by searching for ^p
(Circumflex letter p) and replacing with a space.

However, take care over new paragraphs where there may to
two hard returns. I usually search for ^p^p, replace with
something like five asterisks, then search for ^p and
replace with a space.  Finally I replace the five asterisks
with ^p^p, and normally I get a fairly clean result.

George.