[access-uk] Re: MS WORD: COPYING BLOCKS

  • From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:06:43 +0100

Hello Pele,

As you probably know, MS Word has its own specific method of
highlighting things as well as the generic methods of selection
common to all Microsoft and other Windows programs. The below
extract from my Microsoft Word 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 from the
Keyboard tutorial is only a short part from the section on
highlighting in word but should give you an idea of how to
highlight prior to carrying out common actions on highlighted
blocks of text, such as deleting it, copying it, changing its
attributes, etc.

*******

2. Another use of the F8 selection method is to highlight from
one particular point on a multipage document to another
several pages further on. If you wanted to select text from
the start of page 2 to the word 'budget' halfway down page 73,
you would locate the word 'budget' on page 73, put a unique
marker just to the left of the word budget (say two > signs),
everything will be selected to that point.In other words,
pressing F8 lets you then press any alphanumeric key to find the
first instance of that letter or
symbol (>> in this example) and it will be found and everything
between is highlighted ready for whatever action you wish to
perform on it.

HTH,
John Wilson.
Author of From The Keyboard Tutorials
for Visually Impaired Computer Users
To view my tutorials, please visit my Website at:
Website: http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard
Tel: 0113 2575957
E-mail: jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx