[access-uk] Re: MS Backup

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:11:31 +0100

Hi Roger,

Here's a possible way round. (Or can't you find your XP Home
CD?)

Create a shortcut on your desktop, and in the "Target" field
copy the following, but make sure that the D:\ shown below
is your CD drive letter.

D:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP\NTBACKUP.MSI

In the "Start in" field. Copy and paste the following, again
making sure the CD drive letter is correct.

D:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP

You might want to add a keyboard shortcut also.

Now hold down the shift key and insert your XP CD. (To stop
it auto-running)  Give it a few seconds before you release.

Now trigger the shortcut.

George.