[access-uk] MP3 speakers

  • From: "Bill Chilcott" <maybill1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:04:40 +0100

Hi Adrien. Before you do anything, you might like to hear about my recent
experience with regard to speakers for the Stream. I, with my wife, went
into Maplins on the spur of the moment where I found they had a very good
selection. and found the staff exceptionally helpful. As I didn't have the
Stream with me at the time, they even undid packages to let me have a better
look, despite me telling them not to. I had settled on a nice pair for £25,
but they agreed to let me come on Wednesday with the Stream to try them out.
But this is where the tale went wrong for Maplins. Because we had some further
shopping to get from a supermarket, my wife happened to see 3 different
types of I-pod speakers. After having a good look at them I decided to buy a
pair for just under £10 as they only had this one left, and I liked the style of them and they were very
small and compact. .  Even someone with a hearing loss cannot fail to hear
music from these little speakers. To give you an idea how powerful they are,
I set my Stream to volume 4 and could hear music quite distinctly from over
20 feet away, and talking books from over 10 feet away, though I accept this
is all down to how the recordings were made in the first place. For me these
are the neatest speakers I have ever seen. When closed, they are only a
fraction bigger than the Stream itself. There is just 1 control to worry
about, and that is the on/off button at the back of  the right hand facing
speaker. If you have some residual sight, there is a bright blue light to
show that it is powered up. I have only 1 criticism and that is the lead
from the speaker to your I-pod or Stream, is a little short, which means I
have to put the Stream in its cradle back to front. This I find not to be
too much of a problem, as it uses your I-pod or Stream for its functions for
volume, content, etc. Where did I buy these speakers?
Tesco comes up trumps again.
They are, Technika Portable MP3 Speakers. What you get in the box, are
speakers themselves with 4 triple A, batteries, a carrying case, and a 3.5mm
to a smaller jack. If you or anyone would like a demo of these speakers,
please feel free to e-mail me and I will gladly give you my telephone number
for you to ring, or you can Skype me  on Yedding. Hope this helps. Regards
to all Bill Chilcott.