[access-uk] Re: MP3 and OGG differences please?

  • From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:25:00 +0000

OGG claims to be comparable with WMA, MP3 Pro and AAC as a
"second-generation" compression technique - that is, higher quality
for a smaller file size. I've personally found the lack of support a
more practical problem, especially with bandwidth and hard disk sizes
increasing. So better than MP3, but not much support. Depends on your
set-up whether this matters.

I did an OGG installer if that's helpful: lets Windows Media Player
play OGG files.
http://download.webbie.org.uk/OggCodecsInstaller.msi

Best wishes,
Alasdair King