Using MP3 Direct Cut to Split a File, this is how it works for me:
1. Open the file
2. Press <Alt P P> to open the Special menu and select Pause Detection
3. A dialog box is displayed allowing you to change the duration of
pauses and sound level of silence. Accept the defaults to start with.
You can always change them later.
4. Press <Start>. MP3 Direct Cut will place Q points after pauses.
5. When it has finished, <Tab> to "Stop" and press <Enter>
6. Press <Control T> to split the file into tracks.
7. A dialog box is displayed allowing you to specify the names of tracks
and their location. By default the tracks will be placed in the same
folder as the original file.
8. Press "OK" and MP3 Direct Cut will split the file into tracks using
the Q points.
9. When it has finished, close the file. It will ask if you want to save
the changes, which means the Q Points. I always say "no".
Please come back if this does not make sense and Let us know how you get
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** and in the Subject line type
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq