[access-uk] Re: MORE ON BBC IPLAYER

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 18:30:47 +0100

Greetings,

Christopher Maule-Oatway wrote:

Yesterday, (29 July 2008),  I wanted to 'Listen Again' to a BBC radio
programme and  found myself using the IPlayer for the first time.

The IPlayer window that opened was screen-reader friendly, with links
for lowering or raising the volume in 20 per cent steps, as well as
for jumping forward by 5 or 15 minutes.  Some access keys were
listed, but I didn't investigate any further.

This window opened automatically when IPlayer was loaded.
Chris, I've been using the IPlayer since it was introduced and have yet to
see such a window.  Are you certain it was not the BBC Radio Player which
the IPlayer has, to some extent, replaced?  When that is loaded, then, yes,
I get a window opening such as you describe but to date, not with the
IPlayer.

As such, I force the Radio Player to access programs so that I can still
listen and control my jumps Etc.

From Colin Howard near Southampton in Southern England.