[access-uk] Re: MOBILE QUESTION

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:00:29 +0100

MOBILE QUESTIONHi Ian

It appears that the 6630 has many of the features that the 6680 has.  They are
both 3G with all the usual simbian type organiser apps along with quick office.
 Both come with mp3 players but on the 6680 you can assign an mp3 as a ringer
to identify an individual or as a general ringtone.  On the 6630, you can not
do this.  Aparently, talking to Vodafone, the phones software does not allow
for this and it comes up as an unsupported file format when you try to assign
it.  Just to reclarify though, this is only in terms of MP3 files, you can
assign tones so long as they are supported.

As I say however, it runs Mp3 files fine in the music player software.
Additionally, the 6680 has a front mounted camera as well as a rear one which
is used for realtime video calls.  You can also switch camera.  The design is a
lot different.  The 6680 is a much smarter phone finished in brushed chrome and
having all straight edging with no curved sides, top or bottom.  You get a
stereo pair of headphones which are your hands free as well.  Qualitywise, it's
pretty good, I've heard far worse from CD Walkmans!

Hope that helps Ian.

Regards.

Steve