[access-uk] Re: MCAFEE

  • From: "Sandra Henshall" <asvj09@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:01:37 +0100

Hi Joan,
Actually, it's not all that difficult to set up the automated scan with out
sight, although you do have to use your mouse keys.  Here goes.  Go to the
Mcafee ikon in the system tray and press enter to bring up the context menu.
Arrow down to virus scan and press enter.  Then, use your mouse across the
top of the screen that comes up.  You've got active shield, virus map
reporting and schedule scan.  Left click on schedule scan.  Then mouse
around on the screen that comes up and click on automatically scan my
computer.  From now on it gets less fiddly.  The default is set for every
Friday at eight o'clock in the evening.  If that's acceptable, hit the apply
button and then okay.  If you want to set your own time, tab to the edit
button and press the space bar.  Don't press enter because it doesn't seem
to work.  Now you've got combo boxes and check boxes you can tab through to
set up the scan.  Start time, every however many weeks you want, check boxes
for each day of the week so you can pick your own day etc.  When you've set
up those to how you want them, tab to the apply button and press the space
bar.  Then use the mouse buttons to find the okay button on the screen and
left click it.  That's it.  Hope it makes some sort of sense but if it
doesn't, get back to me, off list if you'd rather, and I'll see if I can
help further.  I don't have any sight at all and managed to set it up so
it's not impossible.

Cheers,
Sandra.