[access-uk] Re: Lookingt for Direct Link to Java Access Bridge

  • From: "Michael Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 15:44:56 -0000

Hello Kulvinder.

See the post I sent in reply to Alfred.

You need to install the JDK first. This also installs the Java run-time engine (JRE).

After that you need to extract the files from the Java Access Bridge distribution zip archive and copy some files into relevant places in your directory tree.

You need to download the right JDK for either 32 or 64 bit windows. I don't think there are separate JABs for 32 and 64.

I think there is also a JRE which doesn't include all the development files but I only ever install the JDK.

I am still running Windows XP, so don't know if Windows 7 or 8 has the JRE pre-installed.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kulvinder Singh Bhogal" <kbhogal1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>