[access-uk] Re: Looking for Help with Goldwave

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:59:17 +0000

I don't believe that this is an issue with Goldwave, but rather an issue
with your sound card. The drivers may be out of date, and therefore
require updating. Yes, The Realtek may be the problem, but try and
update the drivers first before considering to buy a new soundcard. Hope
that helps.
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:22:12 -0000, "Darran Ross"
<darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi List.
>
> I'm having problems with the playback of recorded items on Goldwave 5.1
> being extremely distorted, as though the recording levels are far far to
> high.
>
> I've been through all the property settings within Volume in Windows, and
> within Goldwave itself. I've tried all manner of combinations and levels,
> but each and every attempt results in the same highly distorted
> recordings.
>
> I've checked all my leads and connections, all my settings and don't know
> where to go from here. Could the fact that I'm using Realtec AC97  be the
> reason? I just don't know!
>
> If there's any Goldwave savvy people out there who might have an idea,
> please drop me a line.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Darran

Christopher Hallsworth