[access-uk] Re: Lloyds TSB Online Banking - Be aware of Password Changes

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:18:15 +0100

My thoughts on this are that it is quite clear on the screen for creating a lloydsTsb password that it says 6-15 characters and letters and numbers.

Iain
-----Original Message----- From: LaMcAs
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 9:52 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Lloyds TSB Online Banking - Be aware of Password Changes

Hello List

Just thought I'd make you all aware of a problem which I've recently come
across using the Lloyds TSB Online banking site.

I went to log on a few days ago and despite entering my password correctly
my password was revoked.

After calling the online helpline and told everything had been reset but I
always check these things out before I let them off the phone.

Well I entered details as usual and reported back that my password had been
refused yet again. "oh she said how many digits is your password" after
telling her it was 18 digits she said "oh try the first 15" at which it
worked.

I have to admit I really let rip at the girl on the other end of the phone
saying that this is no way acceptable as lots of people will be having
problems because there is no mention of this password problem anywhere on
their site and help on the site with regard to resetting the password was
weak at the least and yet again they have updated their software and not
fully tested it and I told her it isn't general Mr & Mrs that is going to be
affected, again it's going to be the Blind and Vision Impaired community
that is going to be the hardest hit because of the lack of thought gone into
it, and that again they had left us out in the dark.

I then ranted about the Tesco fiasco and insisted that I get a call back as
soon as possible as I would need to report this to other Vision Impaired
Users and for a company as big as they are they cannot let untested software
out to the general public, and if they insist on doing so then they must at
least put a prominent notice on their site to let people know of such a
problem.

Now obviously I'm going to get a call back, but that's not good enough for
me so now what I'm doing with things like this is I'm tweeting to the
relevant company using their Twitter tag and then tweeting the problem- thus
not only does it make the company aware immediately but it also gives their
custom base an insight in to the problem they might face too - and I think
that Twitter being used this way might make a difference because the whole
world see's it and if we get our friends and acquaintances to retweet such
issues then the company will take notice because it is out in the public
domain where it can then be picked up by the media and other interested
parties to run a story on it.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Larry & Flax GD (Guide Dog)
& Elliot RTG (Retired Guide Dog)
London, UK

Multiple Installer http://ninite.com