[access-uk] Re: Learning android

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 23:16:00 -0000

Hi Robert,

http://androidaccess.wordpress.com is a good starting point.

No it won't be impossible.

The way the keyboard works is you move your finger around the screen until
you hear the key you want, then simply lift.  When you lift, the key is
entered.  For iOS users, this is akin to touch typing mode on the iPhone.
The iPhone's double tap to enter a key method or the standard method is not
available on Android.

It could be that the manufacturer has their own keyboard which may not be so
great.  In that case, download the Jelly Bean Keyboard by VLLP I believe but
the first search for Jelly Bean Keyboard in the play store will come up with
it.  It is free.

Also, for a free launcher which is often better than the manufacturer's
launcher is Nova Launcher.  This is what I love about Android, its
customisability.

I have never heard of that phone but will certainly check it out.

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--