[access-uk] Re: Latest version of JAWS?

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:49:44 +0000

Hi Andy, after removing the demo version and installing JAWS 9 full, you'll be able to check for updates. To do this, in the JAWS window or context menu, depending on how you've configured it, find the help menu or help submenu, press enter on that, arrow to check for updates and press enter. Follow the instructions to complete your updates. Hope that helps.

Andy Collins wrote:
Hi all -

I've been using JFW in 40 minute mode [version 9.0.552u] and have now just
bought what I was told by S&S, would be the latest release [9.1?] Anyway,
they've sent me version 9, and when I came to install it, was told that a
later version was already on my machine, which of course it is in the form
of the demo version.

If I remove the demo version, and install version 9 from the cd, will I then
be able to upgrade to the latest version [9.1 or whatever it currently is]
from the Freedom Scientific website?

Anybody noticed how the version 9 release doesn't even have the version
numberr on the cd packaging, let alone the authorisation number! -

Andy